You Are About To Say "Are You Kidding Me?"

This is what I said and I KNOW that this is what you'll say too.

I was flipping around the google news section with "appliances" in the search header looking for any up-to-date appliance news for our blog like I usually do, and something grabbed my eye.

The header said "White Christmas Earns Some Free Appliances". No, unfortunately the report wasn't about Percy's in Worcester. However, it was about an appliance store in Fort Scott KANSAS!!! (Ok, now you can say "Are You Kidding Me?").

www.wibw.com's website posted the story and it reads:

"...Denny Heidrick started a tradition at his Fort Scott appliance store more than ten years ago. Make a major purchase in the two weeks after Black Friday and, if three inches of snow falls Christmas Eve, it's free!


This is the first time customers are able to cash in...."


I have a lot of things flying around in my head right now and all of them don't make any sense.


1. Why on earth would anyone bet snowfall in Kansas? Kansas averages around 10" ALL YEAR. (Massachusetts averages 64" - 84" all year) It's almost impossible to hit three inches in Kansas in one day let alone in a year.


2. With the snowfall averages in Massachusetts wouldn't you think that that would be Percy's name in that storyline?


It's baffling to me. Oh well, congratulations to all in Fort Scott who are enjoying their free dishwasher right about now. Don't worry New England....2010 is gonna be our year. I can feel it.


Have a safe and happy new year.


Take Care,


-Brian

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: